Saturday, July 4, 2009

legacy of love

Before long, Julia and Chris were thinking about the future. Their future. They discussed marriage, kids; the whole nine yards. Chris wanted to wait for kids, until they had enough money to raise them properly, and Julia wasn't sure she wanted to put her career on hold just yet. The income was sorely needed and she was a rising star within the company. But one thing they were sure of was how they felt about each other. It just felt so right, so comfortable, like an old cozy sweater you wear on chilly winter nights.
One night, Julia packed a picnic for them to share in a nearby park. They kissed and cuddled as day turned into night. Julia sighed in contentment. Chris was not without his flaws, but all in all, he was a decent guy who loved her. He shared in her dreams, had passions of his own, and each supported the other. She knew the time was right, the guy was right, and she was ready. She knelt and fumbled as she went to pull out the ring she had bought a couple days earlier.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. There's no one else I'd ever want to be with. I want to carry your children and see you become a dad. I want to fall in love with you more and more each day, to grow old with you. To celebrate the joys and be a comfort in the bad - just as I know you'll do the same for me. I'm not like the girls you've ever known, but I believe I'm worth coming home to - so, Christopher Steele, will you marry me?"


Christopher was overjoyed. He felt deeply for Julia, in a love that grew everyday they spent together. He wanted to build a life; a legacy with her, a legacy of love. He accepted and they were married that night, under the stars, just the two of them as a witness to their love.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com