Friday, July 3, 2009

meeting Christopher

One day after work, Julia wandered over to the park and noticed a cute guy reading a book. She struck up a conversation and they hit it off really well. His name was Christopher, and he liked to fish and cook and was a bit of a daredevil.
Her curiosity grew, and finally she blurted out, "Are you single?" She didn't want to ask so soon but she couldn't help herself - he was really cute. He smiled; a heart-stopping smile, "Yes, I am."

"Oh good," she exhaled in relief. "So am I."

Soon, they were inseparable. They hadn't discussed what they were, exactly, or where they were headed, and finally, as Christopher was dropping her off after yet another wonderful date, Julia just couldn't take it anymore.
"Chris? I was wondering - do you - are we - I mean...." she stammered and trailed off, embarrassed. He looked at her quizzically. She took a deep breath and tried again.
"Are we - areweacouple?" she blurted out, feeling butterflies in her stomach.

What if he said we were just friends? She wondered. I like this guy so much. He's funny and cute and he makes me laugh. Oh please. Let him feel the same way...please...

Her inner monologue was interrupted by Chris' soft voice. "I'm surprised you even had to ask, Julia. I really like you and I want to be with you. I thought that was obvious."
All of a sudden she felt really giddy, as if the butterflies that were in her stomach before had all burst simultaneously through her skin. "Well, I'm glad we got that settled," she sighed in utter contentment.
And as the light faded for the day, they kissed, soft and sweet, as boyfriend and girlfriend.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com